NOTICE OF A REMOTE MEETING OF THE CYNGOR CYMUNED
LLANDRINIO & ARDDLEEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON
THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2021
Using ‘zoom’ application
Meeting I.D 827 7277 7145 Password 512576
1, Apologies Cllr Mrs S M Townsend
2 Declaration of interests
3 Minutes of meeting held on Thursday 15th July 2021
4 Matters arising from meeting of 15th July 2021
276/2021 (233/2021) Extra equipment has been purchased for the Footpath volunteers as agreed – total £188.40
277/2021 (235/2021) Following the presentation of the Scoping Study of Guilsfield Brook/Wern by NRW to local residents/interested parties on Friday 9th July at 9.30 a.m they are coming to walk the site on Thursday 16th Sept at 1.30p.m
279/2021 (238/2021) Meeting has been organized with DC Gareth Jordan re: Cyber Protection & Fraud for Mon 11th October 2021
280/2021 (241/2021) St John’s Ambulance contacted re; First Aid Training – details put into The Bridge for interested parties to contact the Clerk.
310/2021 Photos of the damaged railings over the Canal have been sent to Highways.
313/2021 Update on Bridge Magazine and whether a Grant is needed
313a/2021 Update re: Llandinio Village Hall
300/2021 Powysland Internal Drainage Engineer has confirmed that work to clean the ditch in the field where the Residential Development is taking place will hopefully happen this Autumn and Plannign dept have concluded that the fence is acceptable and within the definition of the Planning consent.
- Update from County Councillor Mrs Lucy Roberts
- a) Update re: possible picnic bench for Llandrinio Shop & Post Office
- b) Volunteering on Footpaths update
- c) Flood Forum update
- Correspondence (Information)
- a) Information received re: setting up a Repair Café Wales Team
- b) Notice of a consultation for setting national milestones for Wales and seeking views on the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on the national indicators.
- c) Information from Powys County Council on Grants available for Powys Home Improvements if on a low income or with a health condition.
- d) Emil from Arddleen Community hall advising that Jane Griffiths has now been appointed as secretary of the Arddleen & District Community Association and that Legionella & Asbestos Work is now uptodate.
- e) Invitation to join a new Nature forum and Green Hwb meeting fortnightly to discuss environmental projects.
- f) Notice on a consultation on the changes to Local Election Rules in Wales – these are aiming to update and consolidate code of conduct for Councillors. Together with details of revisions to the Electoral arrangements for Powys (re-naming of some wards)
g)Information from NRW re; Mid Wales Project Mapping Tool which they are using as a tool as they are working on the Mid Wales Area Statement
- h) Details received from Powys Count Council of funding available to Community groups
- i) Consultation from the Health and Social Care Committee on the important issues and priorities for the Sixth Senedd.
- j) Email from Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill Alliance asking for support for motions it is putting forward.
- k) Email from Ramblers Cymru asking for expressions of interest to improve local paths – Cllr Alec White has responded with an expression.
- l) Notification of the publication of the Welsh Public Sector Route-map towards zero carbon
- m) Confirmation received that Powys County Council have now adopted Supplementary Planning Guidance in respect of Newtown 7 Llanllchaiarn Place Plan, Archaeology an Historic Environment
- n) Confirmation from Powys County Council that they have re-invoked the Business Continuity plan due to rising cases of Coid-19 in Powys
- o) Information from Home Start Cymru wanting more volunteers to join them and help in the community.
- p) Email from Community Woodlands Trust looking to work with Community groups to plant woodlands
- q) Consultation received on local taxes for Second homes and self-catering accommodation – ends 17th Nov 2021
- r) Clerk & Councils Direct for circulation
- Correspondence for action
- a) Briefing note received from one Voie Wales re: Section 47 of the Local Government Act which now states that a Community Council must make allowances for a person to join a meeting remotely.
- b) details received from PCSO of what their powers are.
- c) Clerk and Cllr Nicola have met to look at ways of improving/revamping the Website.
- d) Clerk has reminded Powys County Council re; Transforming Education Policy which was supposed to commence in the Autumn Term to which they have responded that this was only and indicative date…
- e) Lists of suggested names for the proposed residential development opposite Arddleen School received from the school children.
- a) Highways Dept have added a comment onto 21/1139/RES Reserved matters application at land adj Trederwen View, Arddleen to say revised drawings are needed
- b) Minutes of a planning meeting held on Wed 25th August re: 21/1269/CLE – Seciton 191 application at Cae Castan, Haimwood.
- c) Design & Access statement added to 21/0186/FUL – Unity House
- d) Planning permission granted to 21/1092/HH – Erection of a rear and side extension at The Hollies, Pool Quay
- e) Planning permission requested for 21/1563/FUL – Erection of a slurry store and all associated works at Maesderw, Pool Quay – original application 21/0954/FUL refused as not enough information submitted. Pollution Statement now received as part of the application but original concerns as outlined in letter sent with 21/0954/FUL remain.
- f) Pre-application consultation is planned by EDF Renewables re’ proposed Garn Fach Wind Farm South of Newtown.(17 turbines)
- g) Planning permission requested for 21/1536/FUL Erection of 48 dwellings comprising 24 affordable homes at Trawscoed site and 24 open market dwellings at Orchard Croft site to include landscaping, sustainable drainage, car parking and all associated works for Powys County Council – n.b Powys County Council will purchase an interactive speed sign but responsibility/maintenance for this would be with the Community Council
- h) Pre-application consultation from Roger Parry on behalf of James Owen for planning permission for employment development (retrospective) and retention of a haulage yard in haulage yard use – full documents can be viewed on https://www.rogerparry.net/consultations-area.html
- i) Planning permission requested for 21/1505/FUL – change of use at Pear Tree Farm Pool Quay for Mr A Williams – Planning Committee (Arddleen Ward) site meeting on Wed 22nd Sept 2021 at 11.00 a.m (further details enclosed)
- a) Bank balance as at 8th September 2021;-
Current Account £ 1458.86
Deposit Account £ 18629.58
- b) Permission to pay;-
- i) Mrs C E Davies Salary = expenses 01.07- 30.09.2021 £1072.44
- ii) reimbursement for Ink cartridges Mrs C E Davies £79.41 under L.G.A 1972s112
- c) Notification from HSBC that they will start charging for Community Accounts from 01.11.2021
- a) Update on whether traffic monitoring strips have been placed at the bottom of Pool Quay straight
- b) Update on Maerdy Bridge junction – another accident beg of August
- c) Complaint received of uncut road verge in Sarnau which was obscuring the 30mph signs
- d) Complaint received of builders starting work at 7 a.m at Kings Acre and Hunters Chase Arddleen.-passed on to Powys County Council
11 Chairman’s Remarks & invitation to any members of the public to speak
- a) Clerk will check with Criggion Quarry for date of next Liaison Meeting
- b) Declaration of Interest’s update =- could each Councillor please review their own
c0 Suggestion of planting daffodil bulbs in memory of Mrs Meironwen Weston
Date for next Meeting –Thurs 16th September 2021